Hylotelephium sieboldii (October Daphne)
Hylotelephium sieboldii (October Daphne), formerly known as Sedum sieboldii, is a beautiful low-growing succulent that sends out…
Stonecrop Gardens began as the private property of garden designers Anne and Frank Cabot, who built a manor house as their private residence, in Cold Spring, New York, in 1958.  Frank Cabot founded The Garden Conservancy in 1989  and after his death the property was passed to a nonprofit corporation, which uses the house as the headquarters for running the gardens.  
Commissioned by the Cabots, the English horticulturalist Caroline Burgess helped, from the mid-1980s, to transform the gardens to a public garden which was opened in 1992. She has remained the director and kept diversifying the display gardens.   The gardens are shown on tours among other public gardens of the area. 
Stonecrop Gardens are located in the Hudson Highlands at a height of 1,100 feet (340 m).  They show, across an area of 12 acres (4.9 ha),   a variety of landscape gardens and a vegetable garden. They are reached by an unpaved road.